To the extent permissible under applicable law, we use your information to:
- provide any information and services that you have requested or any applications or services that you have ordered;
- compare information for accuracy and to verify it with third parties;
- provide, maintain, protect and improve any applications, products, services and information that you have requested from us;
- manage and administer your use of applications, products and services you have asked us to provide;
- manage our relationship with you (for example, customer services and support activities);
- monitor, measure, improve and protect our content, website, applications and services and provide an enhanced, personal, user experience for you;
- undertake internal testing of our website, applications, systems and services to test and improve their security, provision and performance, in which case, we would pseudonymise any information used for such purposes, and ensure it is only displayed at aggregated levels which will not be linked back to you or any living individual;
- provide you with any information that we are required to send you to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations;
- comply with any other of our regulatory or legal obligations;
- detect, prevent, investigate or remediate, crime, illegal or prohibited activities or to otherwise protect our legal rights (including liaison with regulators and law enforcement agencies for these purposes);
- contact you to see if you would like to take part in our customer research (for example, feedback on your use of our applications, products and services);
- to monitor, carry out statistical analysis and benchmarking, provided that in such circumstances it is on an aggregated basis which will not be linked back to you or any living individual except as permitted by law;
- deliver targeted advertising, marketing or information to you which may be useful to you, based on your use of our applications and services;
- deliver joint content and services with third parties with whom you have a separate relationship (for example, social media providers); and
- provide you with location-based services (for example, advertising and other personalised content.
- Our website, applications (including mobile applications) and services may contain technology that enables us to:
- check specific information from your device or systems directly relevant to your use of the websites, applications or services against our records to make sure the websites, applications or services are being used in accordance with our end-user agreements and to troubleshoot any problems;
- obtain information relating to any technical errors or other issues with our website, applications and services;
- comply with our legal or regulatory obligations;
- collect information about how you and users use the functions of the features of our website, applications and services; and
- gather statistical information about the operating system and environment from which you access our applications or services.
You can manage your privacy settings within your browser or our applications and services (where applicable).
In addition to the purposes described in this section 3, we may also use information we gather to deliver targeted advertising, marketing (including in-product messaging) or information to you which may be useful, based on your use of the website, applications or services or any other information we have about you (depending on the websites, applications or services, you may able to configure these features to suit your preferences).
We may monitor and record our communications with you, including e-mails and phone conversations. Information which we collect may then be used for training purposes, quality assurance, to record details about our website, applications and services you order from us or ask us about, and in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations generally.
When using our Website
We use the following different types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies which are needed for our websites, applications or services to function properly
- Performance cookies and analytics technologies: these cookies collect information about how visitors and users use our websites, applications and services, for instance which functionality visitors use most often, and if they get error messages from areas of the websites, applications or services. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor or user. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. We only use these cookies to improve how our website, applications and services work.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow our websites, applications and services to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting or advertising cookies: these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operators’ permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Web beacons and parameter tracking
Other sites and social media
If you follow a link from our website, application or service to another site or service, this Privacy Notice will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy notices appearing on those sites or services.
Our websites, applications or services may enable you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your social media account. Those social media sites may automatically provide us with access to certain personal information retained by them about you (for example any content you have viewed). You should be able to manage your privacy settings from within your own third party social media account(s) to manage what personal information you enable us to access from that account.
IP Address and traffic data
We keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our servers, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device information. We also collect some site, application and service statistics such as access rates, page hits and page views. We are not able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
When you submit an enquiry via our website
When you submit an enquiry via our website, we ask you for your name and email address.
We use this information to respond to your query, including providing you with any requested information about our products and services. We may also email you several times after your enquiry in order to follow up on your interest and ensure that we have answered it to your satisfaction. We will do this based on our legitimate interest in providing accurate information.
We do not use the information you provide to make any automated decisions that might affect you.
We keep enquiry emails for two years, after which they are securely archived and kept for seven years, when we delete them. CRM records are kept for three years after the last contact with you.
We may obtain information through mobile applications that you or your users install on their mobile devices to access and use our website, applications or services or which you or your users use to provide other services related to that mobile application (for example, to sync information from our application or service with such mobile application). These mobile applications may be our own mobile applications or those belonging to third parties. Where the mobile application belongs to a third party, you must read that third party’s own privacy notice as it will apply to your use of that third party mobile application. We are not responsible for such third party mobile applications and their use of your personal information.
Mobile applications may provide us with information related to a user’s use of that mobile application and use of our applications and services accessed using that mobile application. We may use such information to provide and improve the mobile application or our own application or services. For example, activity undertaken within a mobile application may be logged.
You can configure our mobile application’s privacy settings on your device but this may affect the performance of that mobile application and the way it interacts with our applications and services.
Data analytics and benchmarking
We may use information generated and stored during your use of our services for our legitimate business interests to enable us to give you the best service and/or solutions and the best experience. These purposes include to:
- deliver advertising, marketing (including in-product messaging) or information to you which may be useful to you, based on your use of services;
- carry out research and development to improve our services, products and applications;
- develop and provide new and existing functionality and services (including statistical analysis, benchmarking, insights, receipt recognition and cashflow forecasting services); and
- provide you with location based services (for example location relevant content) where we collect geo-location data to provide a relevant experience.
- Please be aware that our use may include personal information of your individual clients, suppliers, employees and other individuals whose information you input into any of our websites, applications or services.
Any individual whose personal information we process has the right to object to processing based on our legitimate interests, and if you wish to do so, please contact us at Information.Officer@plasticssa.co.za .